The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the Village of Posen is now accepting applications for the position of Police Officer.
Testing is being conducted for an anticipated need to hire and to establish an Eligibility List for future hiring needs.
The Posen Police Department is a municipal law enforcement agency that includes units of Administration, Patrol, and Criminal Investigation. The Department ensures effective and ongoing police services vital to the community.
Applications are available at:
The Application deadline is:
Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 4:00 PM (not a postmark)
All applications must be returned to the office of:
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
ATTN: Posen PD
200 W. Higgins Road, Suite 201
Schaumburg, IL 60195
You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen or legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Driver’s License: Must possess a valid Driver’s License with the ability to obtain an Illinois Driver’s License upon time of hire.
- Age Requirement: Applicants must have attained their 21st birthday by last day for filing applications (4/7/21). Applicants must be under the age of 35 years old at the last date of filing applications (4/7/21) AND at such time as the Final Eligibility list is posted unless they have been certified and employed as a full-time law enforcement officer for a municipality in the United States or are otherwise exempt by State Statute 65 IL 5/10-2.1.
- Education: Must have proof of High School Diploma, GED Certificate or High School Proficiency Statement AND shall have at least 30 college credit hours from an accredited College or University. NOTE: If an applicant has at least two (2) years active U.S. Military Duty with an Honorable Discharge OR are Law Enforcement Certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board, the 30-college credit hours requirement is waived.
- Character: Must have no felony convictions and be of good moral character as described in State Statute 65 IL 5/10-2.1-6.
- Residence: At the end of the established probationary period (12 months), must reside within 20 miles of the corporate limits of the Village of Posen.
- Testing: Must be able to successfully complete all phases of testing
- NOTE: Applicants that are Law Enforcement certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board are exempt from taking the physical ability exam on the day of testing.
All individuals meeting eligibility requirements are encouraged to continue with the application process.
Additional information will be provided in the packet which can be downloaded at:
There is a $30.00 non-refundable application fee. Applications are NOT available at the Posen Police Department or Village Hall for pick up or drop off.
Applicants must attend the mandatory test date:
Saturday, April 24, 2021
Registration starts at 7:30 AM
Orientation Program – 8:00 AM
Physical Ability Test immediately following Orientation
Written Exam to follow the Physical Ability Test
Bremen High School
15203 S. Pulaski Road
Midlothian, IL 60445
All applications are subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the Village of Posen which is an Equal Opportunity Employer.