DUPAGE COUNTY SHERIFF’S MERIT COMMISSION
IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN CORRECTIONS, the DuPage County Sheriff’s Merit Commission is currently accepting applications for lateral transfers to the position of Deputy Sheriff in the Corrections Bureau of the Office of the Sheriff of DuPage County. No physical agility test is required.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES TO BE PERFORMED WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS:
An employee in this class, under general supervision:
- Performs work of moderate difficulty in the enforcement of law, maintenance of order, and prevention of crime
- Supervises inmates in the County Jail
- Provides custody and care of inmates as is necessary in accordance with both statute and case law
- Moves prisoners individually or in large numbers
- Searches for contraband
- Transports prisoners
- Handles other duties as assigned
YOU MUST BE CURRENTLY WORKING AS A FULL-TIME CERTIFIED CORRECTIONAL OR DEPUTY SHERIFF IN THE STATE OF ILLINOIS AND:
- Have completed either one year of full-time, continuous experience or satisfactorily completed the probationary period at your current agency (if longer than one year).
- Be in good standing with your department as of the date of application as well as the date of certification by the Commission.
- Be acceptable to the Commission following an investigation and pass a background, reputation and character examination conducted by the Sheriff’s Office, or an agency or company licensed to conduct background investigations, as authorized by the Sheriff’s Office.
- Pass an oral interview by the Commission.
Additionally, all applicants who are appointed from the candidate list for lateral transfer to Deputy Sheriff must successfully complete a one (1) year probationary period as a Deputy Sheriff during which time they are subject to discharge and termination by the Sheriff at will.
Download the application packet online at:
Mail your completed application along with photocopies of your birth certificate or naturalization certificate, high school transcript or diploma, or General Education Development (G.E.D.) certificate, DD214 (if applicable), and state certificate from ILETSB:
DuPage County Sheriff’s Merit Commission
421 N. County Farm Road
Wheaton, IL 60187
Please email the Merit Commission with any questions:
The Office of the Sheriff of DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer