The Hinsdale Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Police Officer!
Applications are available at:
until Friday, June 16, 2023 at 2:00 PM
You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- $35.00 non-refundable application fee
- United States Citizen or must have applied for and have a current pending application (documentation required)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college by the application deadline. Lateral applicants currently serving as a sworn police officer in the State of Illinois OR who have served as a sworn police officer in the State of Illinois within the last 2 years of the application deadline (06/16/2023) may apply if they possess at least 60 credit hours from an accredited university or college.
- No tattoos that are visible in whole or in any part while wearing any form of the required uniform or apparel
- Valid driver’s license
- Not have been convicted of a felony, a crime of moral turpitude, or any misdemeanor specifically listed in Section 10-2.1-6 of the Act, 65 ILCS 5/10-2.16 as amended
- Not be a habitual user of illegal narcotics or drugs or intoxicating beverages or be an illegal gambler
- Not be physically or mentally unable to perform the duties of the position of police officer
- A candidate must not be found to be lacking in any of the established requirements or special standards specifically established in the Rules and Regulations of the Hinsdale Board of Fire and Police Commissioners
- Must be at least 20 years of age at time of application and less than 35 years at time of appointment, unless the candidate qualifies for an exemption as a veteran and/or police officer as provided by state statutes
- Possess proof of passing the IL Training and Standards Board Police Officer Wellness Evaluation Report (POWER) test within 12 months prior to the application deadline. Will be considered valid if dated 6/16/2022 – 6/16/2023.
Candidates must attend the mandatory written exam on:
Sunday, July 16, 2023
Doors will open for sign-in at 8:30 a.m., please arrive no later than 9:00 a.m. with a photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, military ID) and #2 pencil to sign-in. There will be no late admittance.
Testing will take place at:
Hinsdale Middle School
100 S. Garfield Street
Hinsdale, IL 60521
To obtain an application for the Hinsdale Police Department visit:
Contact IOS Recruitment with any questions:
The Village of Hinsdale is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in a manner that violated applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. It is the policy of the Village of Hinsdale to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, genetic information, military status, unfavorable discharge for military service as defined by state law, sexual orientation, order of protection status, and disability (physical or mental handicap)-except for bona fide occupational qualifications.