The Board of Public Safety Commissioners for the Village of Rosemont is now accepting applications for the position of Entry Public Safety Officer.
Testing is being conducted for a need to establish an Eligibility List for anticipated hiring needs.
The Village of Rosemont has a distinct location, size, and composition located near O’Hare International Airport. As a result of this, a unique method for delivering police, fire, and emergency medical services was adopted back in 1975. The integration of these services has progressed into the public safety model used today. This model necessitates that each sworn officer be fully trained and certified as a police officer, firefighter, and emergency medical technician. Public Safety Officers are assigned to Patrol or Fire Suppression.
It is the mission of the Rosemont Public Safety Department to work in partnership with the community to provide quality police, fire, and EMS services through innovation, leadership and trust.
The Village of Rosemont was incorporated in 1956, and is conveniently located five minutes from O’Hare Airport and twenty minutes from Chicago’s downtown, the entertainment suburb hosts many visitors. Residents and visitors alike enjoy all of the amenities for which Rosemont is known.
Applications are available at:
Applications will be online for purchase until 3/8/23 - 2:00 PM
The deadline for returning completed applications is:
Wednesday, March 8, 2023 by 4:00 PM
All applications must be returned to the Office of:
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
Attn: Rosemont PS
200 West Higgins Road, Suite 201
Schaumburg, IL 60195
You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Driver’s License: Must possess a valid Driver’s License at the time of application with the ability to obtain an Illinois Driver’s License upon time of hire.
- Age Requirement: Applicants must have attained their 20th birthday by the last date for filing applications (3/8/23). Applicants under the age of 21, will not be eligible to be sworn in as a probationary public safety officer until they are 21. Applicants must be under the age of 35 years on 3/8/2023, AND at such time as the Final Eligibility List is posted unless exempt by State Statute 65 IL 5/10 – 2. 1-6 which provides, in part, that the age limitation does not apply to any person previously employed as a certified full-time police officer for a municipality in the United States or a firefighter in a regularly constituted fire department of any municipality or fire protection district located in the State of Illinois. Also exempt are candidates that have been employed by the Village of Rosemont as an Auxiliary Officer for a period of 5 years and being under the age of 40.
- Education: Must have proof of High School Diploma, GED Certificate or High School Proficiency Statement.
- Residence: All Public Safety Officers are required to reside in a permanent abode within the Village of Rosemont and throughout their employment as a Public Safety Officer in Rosemont. Within 90 days of appointment as a Public Safety Officer for the Village of Rosemont, the applicant must reside or be on a lease, within the Village of Rosemont.
- Language: Must be able to comprehend the English language, both spoken and written.
- Character: Must have no felony convictions and be of good moral character as described in State Statute 65 IL 5/10-2.1-6.
- Eyesight and Hearing: Both shall be consistent with a level necessary to perform the duties of the position.
- POWER Card: IS NOT REQUIRED TO TAKE THE TEST. Candidates must possess a valid POWER Card at time of conditional offer of employment. Card must be issued from a certified program.
- Testing: Must be able to participate and successfully complete all phases of the testing which may include a polygraph test, medical examination, psychological assessment, drug screening and an intensive background investigation.
Preference points will be given for experience/qualification within the following categories: (Up to 10 total preference points will be awarded)
- Current resident within the Village of Rosemont (2 points)
- Two (2) years’ experience as Village of Rosemont Auxiliary Officer (2 points)
- Two (2) years’ current work as a Rosemont Communications Officer/ dispatcher (2 points)
- An associate degree from an accredited University or 60 hours of College Credit (2 points)
- Possess a valid Paramedic License from the Illinois Department of Public Health (3 points)
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited University (non-public safety related) (3 points)
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited University (public safety related) (4 points)
- Served at least two (2) years full-time active military service in a branch of the armed forces of the United States and have received an honorable discharge (4 points)
- Certification as a Basic Operations Firefighter from the Office of the State Fire Marshal (5 points)
- Be certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board as a full time sworn police officer, and has successfully completed the minimum standards basic law enforcement course required by that Board (5 points)
All individuals meeting eligibility requirements are encouraged to continue with the application process.
Additional information will be provided in the packet which can be downloaded at:
There is a $20.00 non-refundable application fee.
Applications are NOT available at the Rosemont Public Safety Department or Village Hall.
Applicants must attend the mandatory test date:
Saturday, March 25, 2023
Registration starts at 9:00 AM
Written Examination starts at 9:30 AM
Impact Field (meeting rooms)
9850 Balmoral Avenue
Rosemont, IL 60018
All applications are subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the Village of Rosemont, which is an Equal Opportunity Employer.