Entry-Level Police Officer Hiring Process
Crete Police Department
The Board of Police and Fire Commissioners of the Village of Crete, Illinois is accepting applications for the position of police officer with the Crete Police Department.
The Crete Police Department is a full-service law enforcement agency that endeavors to address specific citizen concerns as well as respond to criminal activity and emergencies. They strive to provide a high quality of police service for their citizens and businesses.
For more information about the Crete Police Department, please contact:
Visit the village website:
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Crete:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legally authorized to work in the U.S.;
- Must have a valid Driver's License;
- Must live within 25 miles of the Village of Crete within 18 months of hire;
- Must be at least 21 years old by the application deadline date (April 8, 2022) or 20 with successful completion of two years of law enforcement study at an accredited college or university
- Applicants who are 20 years of age by the date of the application deadline shall be eligible to take the initial examination, but will not be eligible for appointment (and shall be passed over) until such time as the Applicant reaches 21 years of age;
- Must be UNDER 35 years of age by the application deadline date (April 8, 2022), unless certified and employed as a full-time law enforcement officer for a municipality in the United States or are otherwise exempt by State Statute 65 IL 5/10-2.1.
- If an Applicant becomes over age during the application process or while on an active eligibility list, such Applicant shall not be allowed to continue with the application process, shall not be appointed and such Applicant's name shall be deemed immediately stricken from the active eligibility list.
- Must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent;
- Must have no felony convictions and be of good moral character (Note: a misdemeanor or serious traffic offense may also disqualify applicants from further consideration);
- Must possess a valid P.O.W.E.R. Test card issued within 12 months of the application deadline date (Issued between April 8, 2021 and April 8, 2022);
- P.O.W.E.R. Test Cards issued by NIPSTA, Triton College, or Joliet Junior College will be accepted.
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
Applications must be submitted online no later than:
Friday, April 8th at 4:00 PM
Participate in mandatory remote on-line written exam testing:
Starting at 9 AM on Tuesday, April 19, 2022 through Thursday, April 21, 2022 at 4 PM.
The test will only be available during this time period. Candidates will need to have access to a laptop or desktop computer.
Preference points will be awarded as determined by the Village of Crete for the following:
To apply for this position or obtain additional information, please visit the following website:
The Village of Crete is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of personnel policies, programs, benefits, practices and operations. All applicants will receive equal consideration regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other category protected by law.