APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE BEGINNING MONDAY, MARCH 20, 2023
2023 ENTRY LEVEL FIREFIGHTER TESTING
Village of Elmwood Park
The Village of Elmwood Park, an equal opportunity employer, is seeking qualified applicants for employment for the position of entry level firefighter, which will result in the establishment of an employment eligibility list.
- All applicants will be governed by the rules and regulations of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the Village of Elmwood Park.
- Applicant must be at least 21 years of age.
- Applicants must be under 35 years of age, except as provided in 65 IL CS 5/10–2.1-6.3 (c).
PLEASE INCLUDE A COPY OF THE REQUIRED PAPERWORK LISTED BELOW ALONG WITH THE APPLICATION:
- Applicants must have an associate’s degree or have successfully completed (minimum of a “C” or better average) 60 hours of college credit, or two years as a paid on-call fire fighter for the Department. A copy of a diploma/or college transcripts must be submitted with each application or such applicant will not be eligible to participate in the testing process. Applicants must also provide a copy of any military service records, discharge papers, and copies of their current driver’s license, social security card, birth certificate, high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate. In order to obtain veteran’s preference points, veterans must submit a copy of their DD214 form to become eligible for five preference points.
- Applicants must be an Emergency Medical Technician – Basic (EMT-B) certified through the State of Illinois at the time of application and must provide a copy of a certificate demonstrating that he or she is currently licensed as an EMT-B by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- Applicants for the position of firefighter must have a current (within the most recent 12 months) CPAT Plus (with ladder climb) Certification as licensed and approved by the International Fire Chief’s Association and the International Association of Firefighters, at the time of application.
- Applicants must present their current valid driver’s license (an expired or suspended licenses or tickets are not acceptable), in order to gain entrance into the Mandatory Orientation.
- Applications must be obtained in person at the Village Hall, located at 11 Conti Parkway in Elmwood Park, Illinois. Applications will not be mailed or emailed to Applicants.
Applications must be returned to:
Elmwood Park Village Hall
11 Conti Parkway
Elmwood Park, IL 60707
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 5:00 PM, Monday, April 24, 2023. Applications must be received at the Village Hall by either personal delivery or by mail deliver no later than 5:00 on Monday, April 24, 2023, or else the application will not be accepted. Applications must be accompanied by a $30.00 non-refundable application fee, to be paid by money order or check, made payable to the Village of Elmwood Park, if delivered by mail. As an alternative, applicants may pay by credit card at the time of personal delivery of the application, at 11 Conti Parkway, Elmwood Park.
MANDATORY ORIENTATION will be held:
Saturday, May 13, 2023
Parks and Recreation Center
2 Conti Parkway
Elmwood Park, IL 60707
WRITTEN EXAMINATION immediately following
Failure to attend the orientation/written examination will disqualify the applicant from proceeding further in the testing process and the $30.00 application fee will not be refunded.
Equal Opportunity Employer m/f