WE ARE CURRENTLY HIRING!
Entry-Level Police Officer Hiring Process
Rochelle Police Department
The Rochelle Board of Fire and Police Commissioners is accepting applications for the position of Police Officer with the Rochelle, IL Police Department.
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Rochelle Board of Fire and Police Commissioners:
- U.S. citizenship;
- Must be of sound character, without criminal convictions;
- Applicants are not obligated to disclose expunged juvenile records of adjudication or arrest
- Minimum of 21 years of age and UNDER 35 years of age by the application deadline date of January 6, 2023, unless exempt from such age limitation as provided in Section 5/10-2.1-6 of the Fire and Police Commissioner's Act;
- Have a High school diploma or G.E.D. certificate of equivalency;
- Possess a valid driver's license;
- Possess a valid NIPSTA card - OR - equivalent criteria as per the State standard, issued within 12 months of the written exam date (January 21, 2023)
- P.O.W.E.R. Test Cards issued by NIPSTA, Triton Community College or Joliet Junior College will be accepted.
- Applicants must present the POWER Test card NO LATER than the written exam date (January 21, 2023)
- Must be available on Wednesday, January 18, 2023 at 6:00 PM or Saturday, January 21, 2023 at 9:00 AM to participate in a mandatory written examination;
- There is no fee for this application;
- No residency requirement.
Submission of Application:
Applications MUST be submitted online by:
Friday, January 6, 2023 @ 4:00 PM (CST)
Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted.
Computer and internet access is available at the Flagg Rochelle Public Library located at 619 4th Ave, Rochelle, IL 61068.
If online submittal presents an obstacle in the application process, please contact the City of Rochelle’s Human Resource Department at 815-562-6161.
Lateral Transfer Candidates:
Current Illinois Certified Police Officers with a minimum of two years of service are eligible to be placed on a lateral transfer eligibility list.
- Lateral transfer candidates are NOT required to obtain the POWER Test Card;
- Lateral transfer candidates are NOT required to take the written exam;
- Lateral transfer candidates ARE required to participate in the Interview Process.
In order to be eligible for the lateral transfer eligibility list, you must meet the following requirements:
- Certification from the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board as a certified full-time police officer; and
- Previous continuous service as a police officer in the State of Illinois for a minimum of two years; and
- In good standing in the police department in which the person currently serves or separated from in good standing with no adverse employment action; and
- Eligible to be granted a waiver of basic training from the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
To apply for this position or obtain additional information, please visit the following website:
The Rochelle, IL Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.