Entry-Level Police Officer Hiring Process
West Dundee Police Department
West Dundee, Illinois
POLICE OFFICER FLYER
The West Dundee, Illinois Board of Fire and Police Commissioners is accepting applications for the position of police officer with the West Dundee Police Department.
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of West Dundee:
- U.S. citizenship
- No felony convictions
- Valid state-issued driver's license
- Except as otherwise provided by statute, applicants must be at least 21 and less than 35 years of age at the time of the written examination date (June 2, 2021)
- Possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
- Possess a valid P.O.W.E.R. Test card issued within the past 12 months of the application deadline date (May 3, 2021); Only P.O.W.E.R. Test cards issued by NIPSTA, Joliet Junior College, or Triton College will be accepted
- Residency within 35 miles of the Village of West Dundee will be required within one year of hire
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee
Preference Points will be awarded as determined by the Village of West Dundee for the following pursuant to the applicable section of Illinois State Statute 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-8 and 5/10-2.1-9:
- Military Experience: A minimum of 1 year of active duty for U.S. military service members with an Honorable Discharge. DD-214 must be submitted with application to qualify.
- Education: Possess an Associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice or related law enforcement field from an accredited community or junior college –OR- A Bachelor’s Degree in any field from an accredited college or university. A copy of the diploma or unofficial transcripts must be submitted with application to qualify.
- Current Illinois Law Enforcement Officers: Persons awarded a certificate attesting to the successful completion of the Minimum Standards Basic Law Enforcement Training Course as provided in the Illinois Police Training Act. A copy of your certificate must be submitted with application to qualify.
Submission of Application:
Deadline to submit on-line applications is Monday, May 3, 2021 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Mandatory Remote On-Line Written Examination:
Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to participate in remote on-line written exam testing starting at 9 AM on:
Wednesday, June 2, 2021 through Friday, June 4, 2021 at 4 PM
The test will only be available during this time period. Candidates will need to have access to a laptop or desktop computer. All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process, along with further instructions for taking the on-line written exam.
To apply for this position or obtain additional information, please visit the following website:
The Village of West Dundee is an Equal Opportunity Employer.