Department of Public Safety
711 Sierra Street
Stanford, CA 94305
Salary Range: $67,450-$73,250
Sworn Officers: 25
Applications accepted continuously
Questions or comments about this position? Click Here
• U.S. Citizenship required.
• 21 years of age.
• Weight proportional to height.
• Vision not
less than 20/100 in each eye;
• Hearing normal in each ear.
• Ability to pass polygraph, drug screening, extensive background
investigation, psychological and medical examinations.
Minimum Educational/Work Experience Qualifications
Sixty (60) semester units or (78) quarter units of college course work. Related work experience, such as campus police, security, military or civilian law enforcement, highly desirable.
NOTE: Lateral entry applicants must have eighteen (18) months of current California sworn peace officer status.
Selection and Training Process
• Written Examination
• Physical Agility
• Oral Board
• Personality Profile Process
• Personal History Questionnaire
• Polygraph Examination
• Background Investigation
• Chief's Interview
Successful Candidates Proceed to the Medical Process
• Psychological Examination
• Complete Medical Examination
• Deputization by Sheriff
Salary and Benefits
• Salary Range: $4,399 - $5,880 per month.*
• Lateral applicants $4,611* (second step)
• Probationary Period: Fifteen (15) Months for new employees.
• Salary Reviews: Every Twelve (12) Months until the top step is achieved.
• Shift differential for evening / night :$2.00/hr.
• Premium for bilingual Deputies (Spanish only).
• Premium for 4-year degree.
• Premium for longevity.
• Uniform or Uniform allowance.
• Twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
• Staff Training Assistance Program.
• Annual Tuition reimbursement grant: $5,000.
• Tuition benefits for children of employees.
• Private Retirement Plan: 3% @ 55 years of age
(goes to age 50 8/1/31/2003 ) at age 55 totally funded by the University.
• Choice of several Health and Dental Plans.
• Life Insurance
• Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance paid by employer.
($200,000, additional coverage available at employee cost.)
• Annual Child Care grant: $5,000
• Vision prescription reimbursement
• On call and pager premiums
• Schedule plans: 4/10 and 4/12
Return to the Featured